This document explains how to use VolunteerSignup.org. You will learn how to create an online signup sheet, how your volunteers can access the sheet, and how to view who has signed up to volunteer.
VolunteerSignup.org is very intuitive and easy to use---many users will not need to consult this document. 1. Your home page When you sign in, you will see your “Home” page and the various signup sheets you have created. 2. Create a signup sheet Simply fill in the boxes and click FINISHED. Note that you can move, add and remove rows.
3. Email link to volunteers Upon clicking FINISHED, a link to your online signup sheet is automatically generated (see arrow). Email this link to your potential volunteers, or place it on your website. Volunteers click this link to access the signup sheet.
Below is an example of a signup sheet; this what a volunteer would see. Volunteers click on “Sign up” to select a volunteer opportunity; they are prompted to enter their name, email address and phone number, so the volunteer organizer has a way to contact them. Volunteers are automatically sent a brief confirmation email. This email includes your (i.e., the account holder’s) name and email address in case they have questions, need to cancel, etc.
4. View who has signed up To see who has signed up, and their contact information (name, email address, and phone number), sign in to your VolunteerSignup.org account and click “View signups”. If you like, you can print this summary page. Also note that you get a list of email addresses of those who have volunteered (see yellow box). Copy and paste these email addresses into your email program to contact them.
If a volunteer later informs you they need to cancel, you can remove that person from a particular row by clicking “Clear slot”. This frees the slot and allows another volunteer to sign up instead.
5. Other handy features This section introduces other useful VolunteerSignup.org features. To access these features you must be signed in to your VolunteerSignup.org account and on your home page.
(1) My profile/account - click here to update your name, email address or password, and also to delete your account.
(2) Edit - To modify a signup sheet after you have created it, click “Edit”.
(3) Copy - To create a copy of a signup click “Copy”. This is a fast way to create a signup sheet for a recurring or repeat event. You can edit the copy to suit your needs.
(4) Delete - To delete a a signup sheet click “Delete”.
(5) Deactivate - To suspend further signups, click “Deactivate”. If a potential volunteer tries to sign up they will get a message stating the sheet is no longer active.
(6) Show advanced features Some organizations track how many hours each volunteer works. To track volunteer hours do the following:
When creating a new signup sheet enter numbers into the “Credits” column. Credits normally refer to hours.
Later, in Home, click “Show advanced features” and checkmark the various signup sheets you want to determine volunteer hours for.
Click the “Calculate volunteer hours” button to create a table that summarizes how many hours each of your volunteers has worked.
To download a copy of the table for further manipulation in Excel, click the “Download as CSV file (for Excel)” link.