Volunteer Shifts for Survival Run - THANKYOU for your time in helping us out. We appreciate every moment you can give us.
Please note that you can only do 1 shift in a row. You cannot double up due to safety requirements. For instance, you can submit for Shift 1 and 3, but not for shift 1 and 2. Rest, sleep, food and water between shifts is compulsory.
All volunteers will be given a day bag with plenty of food, water, sunscreen, goodies and samples, as well as a super cool, limited edition event t-shirt.
All stations have cover from the sun and rain (if the weather is such), however, we do encourage you to take a warm blanket or something to read in case of a slow hour or two. Yep it is in the Aussie summer, but we are also in some Jungle so it's best to be prepared.
Shifts consist of (But are not limited too) :
* Advising racers to read the entry sheet upon arrival
* Taking bib number and times onto sheets upon arrival and departure of your allocated location
* Ensuring that the integrity of the task is held in highest regard (Racers will understand this in reading the sheet upon arrival)
* Advising racers to read the departure sheet and sign out on leaving the allocated location
* Keeping the allocated area free of garbage
* Radio contact with the Volunteer co-ordinator
* Ensuring that the next person on shift is given all information on how to continue on with the next shift
* Many more tasks that are sure to keep your day interesting and full of memories.
All volunteers will receive a $50 discount (Off the full price of the race) a race of their choice in the Buckley's chance running festival. If you don't feel that you need this, we appreciate it as most people know, it costs a lot of money to put on an event such as this, so every volunteer is appreciated - We promise to make your experience fantastic and worthwhile!
Please feel free to ask any friends to join you on a shift that you choose, but be sure to get them to sign in here.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org