You are so awesome for supporting STRIVE! We know that volunteers make for a successful event.
For STRIVE, safety is first and foremost for our young athletes and families. Your efforts towards volunteering will ensure a successful race for our athletes and families.
For some of the athletes who are participating in the race, this may be their first experience with the multisport of swimming and running or it's their very first time swimming. For others, it’s a training day during their journey to complete a triathlon or just an opportunity to begin their fitness transformation.
All in all, we want to ensure this experience is a safe, fun and inspirational one.
Now that we've gotten all of that out of the way, here are just a few housekeeping rules:
• Your prime objective is to CHEER, SUPPORT, and ENCOURAGE our athletes to the finish line. So, pack a lot of patience and positive attitude!
• All volunteers must dress appropriately for activity, movement and the weather. NO cut-off shirts and bikini tops, or inappropriate writing, this is a family and youth event.
• Please limit your cell phone use to emergency phone calls. No texting while monitoring our athletes.
• Volunteers are responsible for their own transportation to and from the event.
• High school and college students will be responsible for checking with their school if their volunteer hours are approved.
• Volunteers are responsible for bringing and keeping all paperwork that will need to be signed on Race Day.
• Volunteer areas to assist are: set up, clean up, registration, body marking, Poolside assistance, race course, transition, flaggers, water stations between the hours 6 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Yes, we need you up and at 'em early!
• Coffee, water, bagels and fruit will be provided in the morning for all volunteers.
• STRIVE is not responsible for your valuables, please travel light as there won't be a place to store them.
• REVIEW the ATHLETE GUIDE for this race prior to arrival.
Volunteers will continue to receive update emails as our race date approaches.
The address to report to on race day is:
Coppin State University
2500 W North Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21216
We THANK YOU in advance for your continued support and look forward to seeing you on RACE DAY!
Please email any questions you may have to: firstname.lastname@example.org
STRIVE TEAM 2018