Noon Hour Supervision – Grade K-12
Guidelines for Parents (On duty from 12:10 – 1:15 pm)
1. When the supervisor arrives at the school (by 12:10 pm), they should sign in at the main office, and get a supervisor vest. They will then proceed to the EA in the Elementary Hallway. The EA will tell them where to supervise during the indoor eating time, and then where to supervise for the outside playing time.
2. Students (K –8) are to use the bathroom, wash hands and get items from their lockers at 12:15 when the bell rings. After this time, students are to remain in the classroom or lunchroom until they are dismissed at 12:35 pm. Supervisors can allow individual requests at their discretion.
3. When students are dismissed at 12:35 pm, supervisors are to immediately proceed outside for playground supervision as well.
Supervising teachers will come out at 12:45 pm.
Parents please refrain from being on your phones while doing noon hour supervision, your undivided attention is appreciated!
Lunch Rules Inside:
4. Kindergarten students eat in their classroom until 12:35 pm. They are to sit at their table spot to eat and remain there until being dismissed.
5. Grades 1-4 eat in the Multipurpose Room.
6. Grades 5-8 eat in their classrooms.
7. High School students eat in the Commons area or designated classrooms, not in the halls. Supervisors should check that lunch garbage is disposed of, not left lying around and have students clean up after themselves if necessary.
(Cleaning up is not the supervisor’s responsibility)
8. K-Grade 6 go outside at 12:35 pm. Students can play in front of the trees only if they can be seen and do not go beyond. Bullying and inappropriate language is not tolerated. NO play fighting or contact sports.
9. Grades 7-12 are in the Commons Area or outside after 12:35.
10. Study Hall, the Gym, and the Library are open after 12:45 pm
11. The computer lab (Study Hall) is locked until 12:45 pm when a teacher comes to supervise. Students are NOT permitted in the computer lab, or on classroom computers at any time without adult supervision. Study hall (in the computer lab) is for project work and homework, gaming of any type is not permitted.
12. Sports equipment is for outside use. If it is played with indoors, it is to be confiscated and given to the classroom teacher.
SIGNING UP FOR NOON HOUR SUPERVISION
We ask that you please limit yourself to doing one shift a month at first while we give everyone a chance to sign up. I will have 2 months up on this link at a time. If you have dates further than 2 months that you really really want to do please email them to me and I will save them and then put you in on those dates once it gets closer otherwise it will be first sign up get first dibs. The ideal thing with having this site is that you can bookmark it on your computer or device and check in on a regular basis. If last minute your day allows you to come you can check on your own if there is a need! If your availability changes and you are not able to do a shift please email me directly and I will remove you from the schedule. With that said, please do your best to find a replacement if it is really short notice that you are cancelling so that we can make sure that there are enough people on for supervision. Ideally we would like to have 3 each day, but please try to fill the majority of days with 2 people prior to signing up as the 3rd person on a day. I will try not to continually pester you with lots of emails but rather will send the link out every once in a while if we are needing more people to sign up. The volunteer site will email you a day or two ahead to remind you when you are scheduled.
Any questions or concerns please contact Noon Hour Supervision Coordinator Katrina Funk @ 306-380-4953 or at firstname.lastname@example.org