Thank you for your interest in helping with Hot Lunch at Peace Arch! Our Hot Lunch Program is one of our main fundraisers, and requires many parent volunteers to make the magic happen! Each week we have 12-13 roles to fill: Hot Lunch Leaders (2-3), Pod Supervisors (7), and Kindergarten Parents (3).
HOT LUNCH LEADERS: 10:45am - 12:45pm (2 hrs.)
2-3 Parent Volunteers each week, responsible for:
• receiving Hot Lunch delivery from vendors
• sorting lunches into bins for all 25 divisions
• ensure bins are collected and handed out by Student Volunteer Lunch Monitors (2 additional Parent Volunteers to assist in each Pod + 1 Parent Volunteer in each Kindergarten class)
• problem-solve any delivery errors, trouble-shoot as needed
• for Hot Dog Day & Pizza Day ONLY, sell extra food at Concession Window in PAC Kitchen
• opening & closing cash count, and feedback to Hot Lunch Coordinator
• clean, re-order, & stack empty bins, and tidy PAC kitchen
POD SUPERVISORS: 11:45am - 12:20pm (35 mins.)
NEW for 2018/19: Instead of having one parent per classroom, STUDENT Volunteer Lunch Monitors will collect bins from the kitchen hallway, and deliver to the class they monitor. We'll have 1-2 Parent Volunteers per Pod (classrooms grouped together in one section of the building), to oversee the Student Volunteers, and trouble-shoot as needed. Total of 7 Pod Supervisors per week, plus 1 Kindergarten parent for each of Ms. Decaire, Mme. Hill, and Mme. Toniolo's classes.
Orca 100-POD Teachers: Hollins, Wilson/Sawatsky, Yalpani/Remy, Grainger, Adams/Froese, Kaschel, Grant, Vanderark.
Bear 200-POD Teachers: Niemi, Decaire, Westcott
Salmon 300-POD Teachers: Zafiris, Murphy, Morris/Bobrownik, Elphick/Hua, Calbick, Sullivan
Beaver 400-POD Teachers: Chalifour, Ahonen, McKillop, Peters, Lake, Verrier/Froese
HOT LUNCH SCHEDULE (ROUND 3):
Friday, April 5 - Freshii
Friday, April 12 - OPA! Greek
THURSDAY, April 18 - Subway
Friday, April 26 (**SPRING FLING**) - Sushi Castle
THURSDAY, May 2 - White Spot Burgers
Friday, May 10 - Hot Dog Day
Friday, May 17 - Fresh Slice Pizza <-- Grade 4 Fundraiser (Grade 4 parents take all volunteer shifts, separate sign-up sheet)
Friday, May 24 - B.P. Pasta
Friday, May 31 - Pita Pit
Friday, June 7 - Taco Del Mar
Friday, June 14 (**SPORTS DAY**) - Hot Dog Day <-- Grade 4 Fundraiser (Grade 4 parents take all volunteer shifts, separate sign-up sheet)
Friday, June 21 - Subway
The Peace Arch Hot Lunch Program is a success when everyone pitches in. THANK YOU for volunteering for this school-wide fundraiser!
Questions? Email our Volunteer Coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org or kristenLfryer@gmail.com.