This signup sheet is not accepting new volunteers.
Please contact the event coordinator for further details.
This post is only available to volunteers trained by NTC staff.
NTC TICKETING PROCEDURES
Arrival: Please arrive 75 minutes prior to show start time
• Thursdays – Arrive at 6:15pm
o Open Box Office at 6:30pm
o Show starts at 7:30pm
• Fridays and Saturdays – Arrive at 6:45pm
o Open box office at 7:00pm
o Show starts at 8:00pm
• Sundays – Arrive at 12:45pm
o Open box office at 1:00pm
o Show starts at 2:00pm
Setting up the Box Office:
1. Let the House Manager know that you have arrived
2. Find the ticket cash box, get cash envelope from HM. Find blue notebook to take with you to the box office table in the lobby.
3. Inside the notebook is the Customer Purchases List and a red folder with the list of our handicapped subscribers. Compare the handicapped list with the Customer Purchase list for a match. Advise the HM to put out reserved signs as needed when you find names that match. The HM will also reserve a seat for you if you are staying to watch the show.
4. Member list – Inside the notebook is an up-to-date NTC Membership list. Ticket prices for Members and ANY NUMBER OF GUESTS THEY BRING THAT DAY THEY ARE THERE is $21. Check the list for their name.
Box Office Open/Ticket Sales: Every attendee must have a ticket to enter the theater. Attendees KEEP THEIR TICKETS, we do not collect tickets/stubs. They just need to show it to enter.
In the cash box and/or box office desk drawer you will find:
• Tickets for the show currently playing with all categories at the bottom. The Customer Purchase list you check off will include:
◦ pre-paid customers – if they brought a printout that is their ticket, you do not have to exchange of another; if they did not, give them a ticket and circle appropriate category (senior, general, etc.)
◦ comp holders (including TBA Adjudicators)
• Selling tickets and checking in Customers
o Only Cash and checks are accepted at the Box Office. No advanced sales for future shows at this time. Tell them to go online to buy tickets.
o Checks are made payable to NTC - Be sure phone numbers are on the checks.
o Credit cards are not accepted at the Box Office, except as last resort – Take down all credit card information: name, address, phone number, credit card number, expiration date. The security code is not needed.
o If customer says they bought tickets online but do not have printed tickets with them, and they are not on the list; use the form available in white notebook - write down their name and phone number, then give them tickets.
o If the customer says they are a subscriber scheduled for another date, but they've come on this day instead, write their info including date they were scheduled to come on the form in the white notebook.
o Note any other unusual request or complaint on the form in the white notebook.
• Subscribers and handicapped enter the auditorium using the entrance nearest the stage 5 minutes before general patrons who enter near the concession stand.
o Please direct all patrons to appropriate entrance. Let them know the concession stand is open.
o The HM will handle letting all patrons into the theater.
If the show is sold out or close to being sold out
• If the house is “sold out” work with the HM to be sure not to over sell seats. There are a different number of seats for each show depending on the configuration and the need for space if there is a band.
• Start a wait list. Collect the person’s name and number of seats required. Work with the HM to figure how many seats can be sold in this situation.
Closing up the Box Office
After last customer is seated –
• Put all cash inside the black zippered envelope and give it to the HM to put in the safe.
• If there were any Donations – put in separate envelope with name of show, date, and amount (put in envelope.)
• Please leave the Customer Purchase List with any notes you made in the white notebook
• Put cash box in cupboard with notebook. Thanks!!