Note: this signup sheet is no longer active and is not accepting new volunteers. Please contact the event coordinator for further details.
If you're seeing this message but weren't expecting it, please verify that you've clicked on the correct sign-up sheet link.
NTC House Manager Duties: It is important that the House Manager arrive 75 minutes prior to curtain.
1. Upon arrival check in with Stage Manager (SM) to let him/her know you are on site.
2. Check both bathrooms before and after performance, for towels, and TP and general condition, including mirrors.
3. Note that the Thermostat is preset – so DO NOT TURN IT OFF.
4. When volunteers arrive, also 75 minutes before curtain – Give them a volunteer tag (drawer nearest the concession window); and put reserved signs for volunteers and box office on seats last row left; Volunteers are comped 1 beverage.
5. Make volunteer assignments: Usher (1) Concessions (2) – one of the Concession Volunteers can also be the Parking Monitor. There is an orange vest and a flash light for the Monitor to use. When marked spaces are full, start a middle row with room for cars to leave; once 2 cars are parked there, return to HM for assignment.
6. Take out 2 cash boxes from cupboard behind door and 2 black zipped envelopes from safe for box office and concessions.
7. The Box Office volunteer arrives 75 minutes before curtain. Give ticket cash box and black envelope. Once he/she is ready to go, check for number of reserved seats needed for handicapped persons, and other special reserved seating for the night. Reserved cards are in drawer with volunteer tags. Count seats – when the house is getting filled, HM will help Box Office by reporting back how many seats are available to sell.
8. Getting ready for Curtain – SM will alert you when actors are “at places.” *Subscribers are seated before the before general public. We try to open the house approximately 30 minutes before curtain.
9. Just before curtain, have concession volunteers close up and place concession cash box in microwave. Turn kitchen and info table lights off.
10. Check bathrooms for stragglers, alert SM if needed, turn off light/close door.
11. Take black ticket envelope with cash from box office volunteer and place in safe.
12. At Intermission – Assign the Usher to be in charge of opening the right hand door to the bathrooms, put stopper down and turn up the lights, then reverse action at the end of intermission, lights off/door closed. After curtain, door open/lights on.
13. At the end of Intermission – SM cues HM for end of intermission. There is a bell in the drawer to ring (no lights flashing.) Be sure to check the outside and bathrooms - alert SM. Place concession box in microwave while you watch the Act 2.
14. After Curtain - Concession Cash: Please make sure the Donations money is put in a separate envelope marked as donations. Put the total Concession cash and the donation envelope into Concessions black zippered envelope and put into safe. Return Concession box to cabinet behind door.
15. After the patrons have left it’s time to clean up the playhouse. Assign each volunteer to pick up trash in the playhouse.
16. Empty small trash cans and trash from kitchen into large trash cans or take directly outside to garbage and recycle bins in the ally. Recycling goes into blue recycle bin and trash goes in the black garbage bin.
17. Put new plastic bags in all containers as needed.
18. Check supplies for next show: water, soft drinks, cookies, napkins, etc. advise House Chair, Brenda 415-897-7847
19. Let the Stage Manager know when you leave the theater. The Stage Manager is responsible for final lock up of the theater.